So are you someone who has a tattoo, but it has become a taboo? The chances of getting fired, or not getting employed because of a tattoo are very high. Many people also complain that their families are not in favour of tattoos and this creates a lot of trouble. So, here we have the tattoo coverup makeup which is the best to hide your tattoos, when required. Concealers, sprays, and foundations are helpful in hiding tattoos and in this article we will learn how to use them.
Ways on How to Use a Tattoo Makeup:
Even if you are a no makeup person, you can still easily learn how to apply makeup on a tattoo to cover it up. Here are the steps which you must follow for the same:
- Wash the tattoo area with clean water and pat it dry. Take a concealer which must be a shade lighter than your normal skin tone.
- Use your finger or the makeup sponge for dabbing the concealer over the tattoo area. You should not rub it otherwise the makeup will spread around the area. At this point, your tattoo may not get completely covered. If you have a coloured tattoo the use a concealer which is color-correcting.
- After applying, let it dry for a few minutes and then apply foundation which is similar to your skin tone. The layer of the foundation should be thin. You can use your fingers, sponge, or brush to apply foundation. After drying if the tattoo is still visible, you can add one more layer of the foundation to hide it completely.
- After the whole makeup dries, use the setting powder and apply it with a brush.
- Finally, use your hair spray over the makeup area in order to avoid the makeup rubbing off on your clothes from the tattoo area.
If this is your first time, then try to apply this makeup a day before in order to see if it matches well with your skin and doesn’t wear off soon.
Suggestions for Cover Makeup:
Here are the four essential suggestions of cover makeups for your tattoo:
- The first suggestion is the least costly one which involves only the concealer and a regular makeup. A full coverage foundation can be enough to hide the ink on your skin.
- Always do double-checks to see if your makeup is water-resistant and transfer-resistant. This will ensure that the makeup will stay for long and will not melt in the rain.
- Try using a foundation which is specially made to cover blemishes, scars, or birthmarks, because these foundations are made to last long and are highly pigmented. For example – Dermacol or Dermablend.
- Another point to consider is that you can try the airbrush makeup as it is alcohol-based. All the professional makeup artists and stylists use this makeup and it is perfect for hiding tattoos. Such makeup can usually last for about three days, without touch-ups.
- You can also go for the stage makeup but it is not a long lasting or a natural one.
- Many people also use spray tan to hide their tattoos.
Best and Top Tattoo Cover Up Makeup May 2022
Here is a list of the best tattoo cover makeups which are ideal to hide the ink anywhere on your body…
This amazing foundation is the best way to cover up your tattoo for a wedding, a job interview, or for some business meeting where you ought to look professional. This foundation can last up to 16 hours when it is set with the Dermablend powder. It comes in several shades and is an active wear foundation that prevents smudging and transferring. To top it all, it also acts as a sunscreen.
If your tattoo is too bright and bold and you wish to cover it for an occasion, then Dermablend Quick-fix colour corrector powder can do the trick. It comes in four shades – red to hide green ink, green to hide red ink, and yellow shade to hide orange and purple ink. It is simple to use it by brushing on the powder and minimizing the colours. Apart from this, you can use the concealer and foundation as normal.
If you are not comfortable with spraying hairspray on the makeup, you must go with the Dermablend’s setting spray for makeup. You will find your skin will look and feel fresh and natural. It is non-sticky and a non-shiny spray.
The foundation stick by Dermablend is the best way to cover up scars from acne, blemishes, and tattoos. It lasts for up to 16 hours and is resistant to perspiration, smudging, and transferring to clothes. It is highly pigmented and that can be seen when you smooth it on your skin. It is a creamy stick and you can build layers until the ink is completely hidden. Thereafter, you can use powder to set it up. This product is highly suitable for people with sensitive skin as it does not clog the pores and does not contain parabens or artificial scents.
Using Dermablend Cover Crème Full Coverage Foundation requires no effort. It lasts for up to 16 hours when used with the Dermablend powder. This product is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic and thus does not cause break up in sensitive skin.
The setting powder from Dermablend is ideal because it is devised to boost the wearability of both the concealer and the foundation. You can choose any one from the Cool Page, Warm Saffron, or Translucent options.
Dermablend boasts of being water-resistant and Dermacol swears on standing up a swim in the pool. It is one of the best waterproof tattoo makeup cover for swimming. This is because it is 50% pigmented, which is best suited for coverage. Keep layering it on until you feel content. This product has no added preservatives and is hypoallergenic and is offered in 19 different shades.
Both the brands, Dermablend and Dermacol are highly recommended mainly because they give you a fool-proof look and easily hide the ink anywhere on your skin.
Vichy is a brand which makes the skin look clear and flawless. The Vichy Dermafinish concealer stick is heavily pigmented and offers full coverage. It can last for up to 14 hours and gives the best results when used with Vichy’s foundation with SPF 30.
This foundation has an SPF of 30 and has no fragrance. Thus, it is well-suited for people who wear lenses. Even for the people with facial tattoos, this liquid foundation is perfect to hide it.
Jolie Liquid Body Kamaflage is ideal for hiding the spider veins and bruises, thus is also best for hiding tattoos. It is very stable and will not dissolve with your sweat or get rub off on the clothes. In fact, you will require Indelible Makeup Remover to remove this from the skin. It comes in four colours and people feel it should offer some more colours for hiding their tattoos.
This is the best kit for theatrical makeup. Ben Nye is not a very pricey brand and you can use it for a try as the kit has everything that you will need for coverup makeup for your tattoo. It comprises contour palette, crème foundation, powder, and applicators (puff, sponge, and brush). It can last longer and you will need a makeup cleanser to take it off from your skin once you are done with the hiding.
This product is the best for tattoo camouflage and is not a makeup. This kit consists of a setting powder and a concealer. You can separately buy a Magic Shield Spray to prevent its smudging. After the purpose is served, you can take it off with the Remover Tonic. This product is best for people for whom the regular makeup is not doing any good.
- Lighted Makeup Mirrors to be Used Everywhere
- Best BB Creams for Acne-Prone Skin: Reviews & Guide
- Best Women Boots
- Vacuum Cleaners to Buy
For all those longings for the time when they can hide their inked body parts for any reason, here are the products which you can use to achieve it. You can pick up any of these best products for covering your tattooed body area with a coverup makeup. As mentioned these products are highly safe for sensitive skin and do not pose a threat to eyes or skin. You can attend any business or formal meeting or function, go for a job interview, attend office, or a wedding without any hesitation, by using makeup for covering up your tattoo.